Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forms anyone?

I just found out about this cool tool that is part of Google Docs called "Forms." It does exactly what you think it does, it creates a form for people to fill in. So what good would this do most of you?

This form could be used to gather data for SLO's, or to get students to send you their correct contact/email information.

The form can be emailed or embedded into a webpage or Blackboard. You can be notified when someone completes a form, or once a day in digest form, or not at all. The results are stored in a Google Docs spreadsheet that can be downloaded into Excel if you're more comfortable with that. I'm not a big fan of the other Google Docs tools and now that I'm using MS Office Live for online document sharing I don't need them. However, the forms tool gives functionality that I haven't seen anywhere else.

The University of Colorado did a webinar on using Google Forms that can be viewed at:

No comments: