1. SafeAssign needs to be enabled
This only pertains to course containers that were created for the summer semester. Fall semester containers should be set correctly for this. In order to use SafeAssign you need to change these settings.
- Control Panel > Customization > Tool Availability
- Scroll down and make sure that both SafeAssign and SafeAssignment are checked, then click Submit
2. My Courses list
Some people have had problems getting all their courses to show in the My Courses section on the Welcome page. If you are experiencing this problem, follow these steps to get your courses to display.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the My Courses section
- Uncheck every check that appears in the Display Announcements column
- To have a course show, check the Display Course Name and Display Course ID columns
- To hide a course from My Courses, uncheck everything in the row for that course
- Click Submit when done
3. Always choose a Display Until date if you choose a Display After date
For an item, test, discussion board, or just about anywhere you can choose a date range, make sure you choose both a Display Until date and a Display After date. An error can occur if both dates are not defined.
4. Use dates for announcements
When you create an announcement, you have the option to set the announcement duration to Permanent or Date Restricted. If you choose Permanent, your announcement will not show up in the My Announcements section on the Welcome page. To make sure it shows up there, you need to choose Date Restricted and assign both a Display After and Display Until date.