If you've been having this problem, there are three options to solve this problem:
- Option 1: Paste the text into another program, like a text editor, then copy it again from that program and paste it into the Content Editor.
- Option 2: Use the Chrome browser instead of Firefox.
- Option 3: Make changes to the advanced configuration in Firefox. Warning - this option is not for the faint of heart or tech challenged.
- Open Firefox
- Type about:config in the address bar (where you would normally type the URL of a website)
- Click the button that says "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- Type dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled in the search box just above "Preference Name"
- Double click the search result item to toggle value from "true" to "false"
- Close Firefox
- Open Firefox again and login to Blackboard
- Test copy/pasting
Please note, you still need to use Ctrl-v to paste instead of right-clicking and this fix has no effect on copy/pasting from Word or programs other than Firefox.