Monday, February 22, 2010

How to Help Your Students with Computer Problems

Solving computer problems can be like trying to thread a needle in the dark if you can't see what the person you're trying to help sees on their computer.  ShowMeWhatsWrong.com is a new tool being offered for free that will help you help your students with computer problems.  It will generate a URL so students can send you instant screen recordings. Watch a demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNqO_uKui6s

I took the URL they gave me, and turned it into a tinyurl.com link that is easier to remember.  Now whenever anyone is having a problem with their computer, I can just send them my URL at http://tinyurl.com/showrhonda and they can record their screen to show me what the problem is.  When they're done recording, the site sends me an email telling me the video is ready to be reviewed and who sent it.

They've made it very easy to use and dead simple for both the student and the instructor.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million.  This is a great resource that I highly recommend.

No comments: