Watch a short video to see how it will work at http://youtu.be/TF1kRIh8cZc. We do not use terms on our system, so follow the steps below to adjust the dates for a normal full semester course from Fall 2013 to Spring 2014.
Steps to use the Date Management Tool in Spring 2014:
- Copy your course from this semester into the spring semester container as usual
- Go into the spring semester container
- Go to Control Panel > Course Tools > Date Management
- Click "Use Course Start Date"
- Current Start Date: 08/19/2013 (a late start class would have had a different start date)
- New: 01/27/2014 (adjust as needed for shorter classes)
- Click the Start button
Once this process completes, you can easily fine tune all the dates in your course using the Date Management Review page. This review page will be available from then on through Control Panel > Course Tools > Date Management.
If you want to play with this tool now, it's available on the Blackboard test server at https://gcccdtest.blackboard.com.
For more information, see https://help.blackboard.com/en-us/Learn/9.1_SP_12_and_SP_13/Instructor/070_Course_Content/010_Reusing_Content/Date_Management.