Enable cookies for FF 3 on PC
- Select Options from the Tools Menu in FF 3
- Click on the Privacy Option
- Click on the Exceptions... button next to "Accept cookies from sites"
- Type safeassign.blackboard.com in the "Address of web site:" field
- Click Allow
- Click Close, then OK to exit the Options window
To enable cookies for Safari
- Choose Preferences from the Safari menu (Edit Menu then Prefences on PC)
- Click on Security
- Choose Accept Cookies "Only from sites you navigate to"
- If you still get the error after choosing that, try to temporarily change the setting to Accept Cookies "Always"
This situation points out the value of telling your students that if you try something in one browser and it doesn't work, just try to use a different browser. This is probably the easiest solution.