To All Online Instructors
Last semester I “visited” one of Cindy Morrin’s online classes as a guest speaker. This was my first attempt at offering a library instruction session online. To get the ball rolling, I started several threads on the discussion forum about various research (information literacy) topics. Then I appeared throughout the rest of the week to answer questions. Cindy jumped in, from time to time, too.
I would be happy to come in to any of your virtual classrooms to help your students become better researchers. My appearance could be geared toward a specific assignment; or I could go over Cuyamaca’s virtual library; or I could cover various search strategies. Of course, I am always open to your suggestions, as well.
If interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or x4412.
If you take Kari up on her offer, here is how you add her as a Guest Speaker for your course:
- Go to the Cuyamaca College home page
- In the Online Services menu, click GCCCD Online Classes
- Click Support for Faculty in the upper right corner
- Log in with your email username and password
- Click on Blackboard Course Containers in the left side menu
- Click ADD an Instructor/Teacher Aide/Workshop Participant/Guest Speaker/Evaluator to a Blackboard container
Or just click this link and log in, but that won’t help you next time you try to remember where this was!